Washington Aerospace Club
National Association of Rocketry Section 578
Tripoli Rocketry Association Prefecture 41

2/4/2006 Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting called to order by Kent Newman, Sec/Treas.
  • Jim Wilkerson flying for Air Force.
  • Three drop-ins from the Hobby Fair were present.
  • Old Business:
    • Dan - SS rail supports finished and come with lifetime guarantee from welder
    • BillC - new table has been picked up from Costco to supplement Admin needs.
  • New Business:
    • Field search (Andrew MacMillen, Chair):
      • Andrew has potential sites available on website
      • Members to view and be prepared to visit/screen.
      • "What does WAC need to initiate/sustain growth?"
        • Local field (most critical)
        • Outreach
        • Reduced/reasonable cost of hobby
      • Andrew will follow up by contacting members for their help. (Ed. I'll post on NWR when ready)
    • FITS06 (Jim Pommert , Chair):
      • Balloon people have accepted invitation to attend
      • TAS have accepted invitation as well.
      • SPARC/BMR invitation extended
      • April launch will be GSE shakedown with Jim to develop distance requirements necessary to allow launching by banks
      • Night launch definitions will parallel 2005 launch, i.e., 5000 AGL, J motor max.
      • Club waivers will parallel 2005. Waiver apps have not been filed. Kent to file for Tom Snells land; Jim Wilkerson will file for Sportsmans Club.
      • TRA insurance forms will be sent to Mansfield to renew insurance coverage for both sites (Jim Wilkerson/Jim Pommert)
      • FITS research launch director will be Scott Bowers. Kent will aid.
      • Jim considering contests for kids at FITS; poor participation for all NAR contests last year.
      • No kit build due to lack of participation last year.
      • Consider launch handout/FAQ sheet for every registrant.
      • Consider whiteboard and easel to announce meetings, flight conditions, rule changes, etc.
      • Consider vests/some other designation for WAC administration folks on duty.
      • Jim P. to review procedures and to edit and as necessary. Will follow up with BOD review/questions for membership, etc.
      • Consider expanded parking policing, i.e., more people, mark parking with traffic paint, cones, etc.
      • Consider local school F/TV crews to shoot weekend for local cable, possible DVD, etc.
      • Consider club storage magazine on site.
    • April Launch Director: Kent Newman will assume responsibility
    • NAR/Tripoli Annual Dues: Kent will follow up.
  • Show and Tell
  • General Discussion
  • Meeting Adjourned 8:55 p.m.

NAR Copyright ©1997-2017 Washington Aerospace Club
Tripoli
Thank